The crypto exchange launched the Coinbase Institute for crypto research and discussions.
Coinbase Global (COIN) has created a crypto-native think tank dubbed the Coinbase Institute to fuel ideas across the digital ecosystem.
- The Coinbase Institute will publish research on crypto and Web 3, and plans to hold talks with policymakers and thought leaders across the industry.
- The Coinbase Institute will contain a site for updates, primers and crypto issues. In addition, it will have a monthly insight report on digital asset markets.
- Coinbase has also formed the Coinbase Institute Advisory Board and an academic partnership with the University of Michigan.
- Hermine Wong, the director of policy at Coinbase, will be the director of the Coinbase Institute.
- Cesare Fracassi, a professor at the University of Texas’ business school, will be the unit’s first director of economic research and chief economist. He is also a member of the Work Group on Blockchain Matters, a group formed by the state of Texas to help expand the blockchain industry there.
- The advisory board consists of Christian Catalini, a crypto researcher from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology; Marco Di Maggio, a researcher and professor at Harvard Business School; Vikramaditya Khanna, a law professor at the University of Michigan; Nagpurnanand Prabhala, a professor at Johns Hopkins’ business school; and Manju Puri, a professor at Duke’s business school.