The hire echoes the efforts in Binance.US’s parent firm to bolster its legal and compliance team.
Binance.US has hired Krishna Juvvadi, former global head of operations compliance at Uber, as its new head of legal.
- Juvvadi was also Uber’s chief regulatory counsel and its first regulatory attorney, helping the company’s efforts to secure favorable laws and registrations at local, state and federal levels in the U.S.
- The hire echoes the efforts in Binance.US‘ parent firm to bolster its legal and compliance team, with Bloomberg reporting this week that the crypto exchange is looking to hire 30 lawyers, predominantly in data privacy and regulatory counsel roles.
- Binance has been attempting to forge better relations with regulators in recent months following a string of warnings issued against it from regulatory bodies and other entities last year.
- “I have been impressed by the significant, purposeful steps the company has taken in recent months to bolster its legal and compliance efforts,” Juvvadi said.
- Juvvadi follows the path of Binance.US CEO Brian Shroder, who spent two years as head of strategy and business development for Uber in Asia Pacific from 2016 to 2018.