Changpeng Zhao says the crypto exchange is recruiting compliance personnel in the country.
Cryptocurrency exchange Binance is in talks to gain regulatory approval in Germany, founder and CEO Changpeng “CZ” Zhao said.
- Binance is recruiting compliance personnel for its team in Germany and hopes to win a license there, he said at an event in Hamburg on Wednesday.
- “Our team is definitely talking with regulators here,” he said.
- Binance recently registered as a digital asset service provider with the Autorité des Marchés Financiers (AMF) in France.
- Having already obtained approval to operate in Bahrain, Abu Dhabi and Dubai, Binance turned its attention to securing licenses in the world’s largest marketplaces.
- A license in Germany, Europe’s largest economy, could open the door to greater regulatory approval elsewhere on the continent.